Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gatekeeper rejecting calls due to excessive BW request

Le vendredi 01 avril 2005 à 08:40 -0800, Kevin Oberman a écrit :
> I am running GM 1.2.1 on FreeBSD on openh323 1.15.3 and pwlib 1.8.4.
>
> Last week our conferencing folks restricted the allowable bandwidth on
> call and now GM is unable to connect.
>
> When I turn on debug I always see a request of "bandWidth =
> 100000". This is unchanged regardless of whether I reduce the bandwith
> in preferences (Video Codecs) or even if video transmission is disabled.
> Is this expected and is there any way to get the system to request a
> smaller bandwidth?

Indeed, GnomeMeeting doesn't permit to change the bandwidth requested to
the gatekeeper, it is using the default value of openh323 which is 100
000.

You can change that by adding "SetInitialBandwidth (your_value)" in the
Init method of the class defined in endpoint.cpp, in GnomeMeeting and
recompile.

> According to the system administrator, calls of over 768 kbps are
> rejected. If I am correct that bandwidth is in units of 1000 bps, 100000
> would mean 100 Mbps, way too much and far more than needed. Windows
> based clients (usually Polycom ViaVideo) work fine.

It is in units of 100bps, so the default value is 10Mbps which sounds
reasonable for a LAN.