[GnomeMeeting-list] ALSA + dmix/dsnoop/asym

Hello,

Has anyone had success getting gnomemeeting to work
with just ALSA + dmix/dsnoop/asym. My laptop has only
one sound channel so I have to use dmix & friends if
I want to have Gaim, Totem, and gnomemeeting running
at the same time. The problem is, it doesn't seem like
dmix+dsnoop+asym is full-duplex, even though I was
under the impression that asym is supposed to be full-
duplex. So, if I start up gnomemeeting and go to:

    Edit -> Preferences -> Sound Events

And click "play", then I can hear sound, but if I run
the config druid then I can't record via my MIC.

I have this same problem with linphone too. Does anyone
have a solution?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator