Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems with Microtelco gatekeeper

Hi Damien,

> Hello Larry,
>
> Le jeudi 23 septembre 2004 à 11:49 +0700, Larry Hendrickson a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
> > gk.microtelco.com has address 63.81.73.99
> > gk.microtelco.com has address 63.81.73.100
> >
> > Thus I tried each of the IP addresses in turn.
> > Strangely enough, since I started investigating this, 63.81.73.100
> > has never worked for me at all (and it used to be the first one).
> >

> That's indeed a problem on their end.

Thank-you for your quick response.  The problem would seem to me
to be a microtelco one also, yet given that all of my problem reports to
microtelco have resulted in "we do not develop gnomemeeting, please post
your problem to the gnomemeeting mailing and the engineers there will
help you", I am not sure what to do.  I will, of course, forward your
response to them, but other than that, is there anyone else who is using
microtelco with gnomemeeting who is having problems with 63.81.73.100?
(or anyone that isn't having problems?)

> > The only thing I am doing that is slightly non-standard is that I am
> > using the following ports:
> > rtp_port_range 5000:5003
> > tcp_port_range 30000:30003
> >
> > (note that these are a subset of the default of: 5000:5007 and
> > 30000:30010).
> >

> That should be ok, the 30000:30003 range is only required when
> contacting old H.323 software like Netmeeting.
>
> However, you seem to be missing the udp_port_range which is required
> for gatekeeper registering.

I have been using the default udp_port_range of 5010:5013.  Can I
confirm that my notation is correct?  I have udp/rtp/tcp_port_range as a
string type in gconf-editor as written above (<PORT_BEGIN>:<PORT_END>).
I am a bit confused by the fact that sometimes I see packets coming in
to tcp 30004 and above. This usually only happens when I can connect to
the gatekeeper okay(63.81.73.99), and I am trying to make a call but
get "Gatekeeper closed the connection".  I will repeat this every second
or two until it goes through (sometimes 100x or more).  If I keep an eye
on the packets, sometimes I see packets coming in outside the range set
in gconf-editor.

In fact, just now I tried changing my udp_port_range down to 5010:5010
and registered to the gatekeeper (successfully).  Checking my logs, I
found packets coming in from the gatekeeper on udp 5010, 5011, and 5012.
Is there some minimum number of ports required by gnomemeeting?  Is the
gatekeeper misconfigured?  Is there something else I might be doing
wrong?

I did successfully make a call this afternoon, and I do see packets
coming in on tcp 30000, and 30001.  The really odd part about these is
that they are coming from 63.81.73.98.  ????  I'm not even sure how to
begin interpreting this.  A repeated attempt just now has the packets
coming from the correct IP.  I have tried it with and without all of the
"H.323 Version 2 Settings" in the gnomemeeting configuration, with the
same result.  Does the fact that I am receiving tcp packets to ports
30000/30001 mean that the gatekeeper has some funny configuration?  Or
is this normal?

> Don't forget all ports from the RTP port range and from the UDP port
> range need to be FORWARDED and not only ALLOWED to your internal host
> from your firewall.

Yes.  I am certain I have this part working.  I have my firewall on my
internal host set to log and accept all incoming packets to the
gnomemeeting ports.  By logging into a machine on the internet
outside my firewall, and using a little python script I wrote to send
small packets on UDP and TCP to these ports at the exact IP listed in
the gnomemeeting configuration, I have been able to ascertain that all
of the ports listed in gconf-editor are actually reaching the internal
host.

Thank-you very much for your help!

Sincerely,
Larry