Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems with Microtelco gatekeeper

Hello Larry,

Le jeudi 23 septembre 2004 à 11:49 +0700, Larry Hendrickson a écrit :

[...]

> gk.microtelco.com has address 63.81.73.99
> gk.microtelco.com has address 63.81.73.100
>
> Thus I tried each of the IP addresses in turn.
> Strangely enough, since I started investigating this, 63.81.73.100 has
> never worked for me at all (and it used to be the first one).

That's indeed a problem on their end.

> The only thing I am doing that is slightly non-standard is that I am
> using the following ports:
> rtp_port_range 5000:5003
> tcp_port_range 30000:30003
>
> (note that these are a subset of the default of: 5000:5007 and
> 30000:30010).

That should be ok, the 30000:30003 range is only required when
contacting old H.323 software like Netmeeting.

However, you seem to be missing the udp_port_range which is required for
gatekeeper registering.

Don't forget all ports from the RTP port range and from the UDP port
range need to be FORWARDED and not only ALLOWED to your internal host
from your firewall.

> know.  It would be really nice if I could have a reliable PC-to-Phone
> system working again.

Notice we are also investigating for a possible MicroTelco complement
that would work without quicknet card with just software audio codecs.

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org