Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Non-standard cam support

Le vendredi 10 septembre 2004 à 20:33 +0000, phogg patmedia net a
écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I have been using a phillips-based cam with gnomemeeting. I recently
> picked up a D-Link DCS-900
> ethernet cam as a security cam.
>
> While I like the phillips-based cam, I was wondering if there was any
> consideration for extending
> gnomemeeting to support ethernet-based cams. I could not find anything
> on this subject on the
> web page, or by scanning the past 3 months of the mailing-list archives.

The question is : is that camera supported by the Linux kernel or not?
If the camera is supported, then it will work with GnomeMeeting. If it
is not supported, then it won't work and a driver needs to be written by
the kernel maintainers, not by us :)