[GnomeMeeting-list] People say that "VOIP Spam Is Coming"...

Hi,

The prospect of VOIP Spam doesn't seem too unlikely,
either. Just imagine having GM constantly buzzing with
calls which turn out to be adverts for <whatever>!!!

At the moment, I use my firewall to "white-list" all
incoming callers. I also use the GNU Gatekeeper.
However, the Gatekeeper *must* allow connections from
unregistered enpoints so that accepting incoming calls
become practical anway. (Thanks for that tip, BTW.) So
that's one source of authentication gone.

Are there any other methods of authentication which
would be permissible under the current standard
protocol? For example, is there any way that GM could
refuse to talk to clients that don't autenticate
themselves with PGP keys? This would allow me to move
my "caller white-list" off my firewall and into GM,
which would be a good thing because people tend to
have dynamic IP addresses anyway.

There's obviously nothing stopping people from
connecting to (say) ils.seconix.com and trying to call
people at random, because that's precisely what a lot
of users do already.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject, please?
Cheers,
Chris