Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Website updated

Craig Southeren wrote:
There are many reports like this (http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/000132.html)
that seem to demonstrate that Skype has much the same problems with
firewalls causing one-way audio as networks based on SIP or H.323.

I've also heard several reports that audio in Skype is much clearer than
a normal phone call, which seems to point to them using a "wide-band"
codec that operates at a sample rate higher than 8khz. That would be
simple enough to do in either H.323 or SIP using a non-standard codec -
in fact I've thought about doing it several times but never had the time.

This would be a goode idea to use 16 or 22Khhz sampling rate when
quite a lot of ppl are on ADSL lines this days. But anyway the quility of the sound in GM is better then GSM that is what I compare to.

Cheers Johnny

I'd be interested in seeing evidence that they are using iLBC

   Craig

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:25:38 +0200