Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting without Quicknet

> From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:26:44 +0200
> Sender: gnomemeeting-list-bounces gnome org
>

> --===============0303703498==
>

> --=-siU9VbUjc46E6LtpReVO
>
> Le mardi 07 septembre 2004 =E0 11:10 -0700, Kevin Oberman a =E9crit :
>
> > In general, this may be true. I have been able to deal with several of
> > the files and get them to compile, but sound_handling.cpp is giving me
> > fits. Lots of undeclared variables like 'i' and 'l'. They all seem to be
> > in areas of the code involving check for driver=3DQuicknet, but I'm not
> > sure why they are not defined! I don't think I've removed any of the code
> > that's relevant.
> >=20
>
> There are still old #ifdef HAS_IXJ statements. I guess they are broken.
> Where you see "l" not defined, that's for the lid, surround the code
> with #ifdef.

Pretty much what I did.

> > The problem, once I got everything to build was:
> > "It appears that you do not have gnomemeeting.server installed in a valid
> > location. Factory mode disabled."
>
> Don't worry for that.

OK.

> > and a window stating:
> > "No usable audio manager detected."
> >

> It couldn't load any pwlib audio plugin, not ALSA, not OSS. Are plugins
> broken for PWLIB on BSD? That's possible, nobody is taking care of BSD
> lately, but I can contact Roger and make him work on it :)
>
> > I have no idea what is meant by "audio manager". I am just running OSS
> > drivers and esound. esound is as close to an "audio manager" as I think
> > I can get.
> >
> > I can supply the edits I made to get it to compile, if anyone is
> > willing/able to look at it. Or just tell me that it's hopeless, which
> > would be sad as I've been running GnomeMeeting for a very long time. (I
> > can still run 0.98.2 under V4, but it does not compile with gcc 3.4.)
>

> I can look at it. I can even make CVS compile without Quicknet support,
> but you will need to be patient and remind me often. Roger Hardiman was
> taking care of that before :)

Since Roger is not working much with FreeBSD any more, I rather like to
save my silver bullets, so I'm hoping to get this to work without him.

I am building with pwlib and openh323 Janus patch 4, if that makes a
difference. I thought that I told pwlib to build with plugins, but I
can check it and rebuild if needed.

I think most of my changes were correct. So, if I can get the plugins to
work, I'm off and running.

Thanks!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer