Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting without Quicknet

Le mardi 07 septembre 2004 à 11:10 -0700, Kevin Oberman a écrit :

> In general, this may be true. I have been able to deal with several of
> the files and get them to compile, but sound_handling.cpp is giving me
> fits. Lots of undeclared variables like 'i' and 'l'. They all seem to be
> in areas of the code involving check for driver=Quicknet, but I'm not
> sure why they are not defined! I don't think I've removed any of the code
> that's relevant.

There are still old #ifdef HAS_IXJ statements. I guess they are broken.
Where you see "l" not defined, that's for the lid, surround the code
with #ifdef.

> The problem, once I got everything to build was:
> "It appears that you do not have gnomemeeting.server installed in a valid
> location. Factory mode disabled."

Don't worry for that.

> and a window stating:
> "No usable audio manager detected."

It couldn't load any pwlib audio plugin, not ALSA, not OSS. Are plugins
broken for PWLIB on BSD? That's possible, nobody is taking care of BSD
lately, but I can contact Roger and make him work on it :)

> I have no idea what is meant by "audio manager". I am just running OSS
> drivers and esound. esound is as close to an "audio manager" as I think
> I can get.
>
> I can supply the edits I made to get it to compile, if anyone is
> willing/able to look at it. Or just tell me that it's hopeless, which
> would be sad as I've been running GnomeMeeting for a very long time. (I
> can still run 0.98.2 under V4, but it does not compile with gcc 3.4.)

I can look at it. I can even make CVS compile without Quicknet support,
but you will need to be patient and remind me often. Roger Hardiman was
taking care of that before :)
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org