Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting 1.0.2, firewire cameras, and kernel 2.6

Le jeudi 02 septembre 2004 à 01:06 -0700, Oturan Boga a écrit :
> Yes, it is identified by Logitech USB Camera.
> There is no kernel driver for it, only third party
> drivers (qc-usb)
>
> I dont know if the workaround worked. But at least it
> stops gnomemeeting to crash. Also, the qcset util is
> not on the path, maybe that is why GM did not do it
> automagically.

GnomeMeeting is using a special ioctl when it sees that it is that
camera. Apparently it failed for some reason.

> At this time of the morning, I can not find any people
> to test, but once I start I will write more detailed
> bug reports etc. (I worked as a proffessional software
> tester for almost 3 years in a research lab. in USA)

In that case that's perhaps possible for you to edit
pwlib/plugins/vidinput_v4l.cxx, find 'if (HINT (HINT_FORCE_DBLBUF)) {
and see why it doesn't execute the ioctl for your driver.

What is your version of pwlib?

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org