Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] creative voip blaster

I have a few VoiceBlasters here, but I was never able to get them
working reliably on either Linux or Windows.

There are two open source drivers - the from http://www.fobbit.org is a
standalone driver for Linux, Windows and BSD. There is another driver
that emulates a QTI car, but I cannot find an active URL for that
project

   Craig

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:53:58 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Le jeudi 02 septembre 2004 à 00:13 -0400, Ben Konrath a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was just wondering if anybody has gotten a creative voip blaster to work
> > with gnomemeeting? I searched around a bit, but I didn't find anything.
> >
> > According to the gnomemeeting webpage, the reason one has to buy the
> > quicknet card to do pc-phone is because it includes the proprietary
> > G.723.1 codec. It seems that the voip blaster has this codec as well so it
> > should be able to be used for pc-phone as well, right?
> >
> > If it's not supported, can someone point me in a direction on how I could
> > write a driver? Would I have to integrate a driver into openh323 or could
> > I just write a stand alone linux driver? (I might be asking a stupid
> > question here, I don't really understand the interaction between openh323
> > and the kernel).
> >

> I know at least one user who was using a Voip Blaster with GnomeMeeting,
> at least a long time ago.
>
> There exists somewhere a driver for the VoIP Blaster that permits to
> emulate a Quicknet card, it should work with GnomeMeeting.
>
> The person I'm talking about is in CC, so perhaps he can give you some
> help.
>

> > Thanks for a great program,
> >
> > Ben

> --
>  _      Damien Sandras
> (o-     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
> //\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org
> v_/_    H.323 phone : callto:ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com

 Craig Southeren      craigs postincrement com / craigs voxgratia org

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243673140      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046   Jabber: craigs jabber voxgratia org

 Post Increment - Consulting & Services    http://www.postincrement.com
 Vox Gratia - The Open Source VoIP portal  http://www.voxgratia.org
 Raving Of A Strange Mind - the VoIP blog  http://www.southeren.com/blog