Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Seconix/GM 1.3 Wish List

Le vendredi 12 novembre 2004 à 14:14 -0500, geno a écrit :
> Such sarcasm.

No don't worry, I think it was more joking :)

> i) My understanding is that there used to be a latency built into the list
> (because it refreshed only about every 20 minutes regardless of what the
> user did) that resulted in names of signed-off individuals remaining on the
> list for a time.  (If helpful, I can look for an old email from Damien on
> the subject.)  Is that wrong and/or no longer the case?

Right about that, see previous mail.

> ii)  With GM 1.1, what do you consider the best area within GM for typing
> personal notes (about a contact) for future retrieval?

There is none, but you can organize contacts in categories. No personal
notes however.

> iii)  I was hoping for a spreadsheet-like flexibility.
>
>   GM 1.1 seems to have re-ordered the left-to-right sequence of the columns
> as compared with GM 1.0.  In my opinion, this new ordering makes it more
> difficult to see at one time all the most immediately useful info (
> particularly when you shrink the overall size of the page for
> convenience).  Is there a way to change the left-to-right order of the columns?

There is none, but what order would you propose? That is something I can
easily change if you have a better proposition.

> The ability to shrink the width of any individual column using your a mouse
> also seems limited.  Is there a way to shrink the width of a column down to
> nothing?

No, but a column editor like in Evolution is an interesting improvement
for 1.4 (or 2.0).