Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Seconix/GM 1.3 Wish List

Such sarcasm.

i) My understanding is that there used to be a latency built into the list (because it refreshed only about every 20 minutes regardless of what the user did) that resulted in names of signed-off individuals remaining on the list for a time. (If helpful, I can look for an old email from Damien on the subject.) Is that wrong and/or no longer the case?

ii) With GM 1.1, what do you consider the best area within GM for typing personal notes (about a contact) for future retrieval?

iii)  I was hoping for a spreadsheet-like flexibility.

GM 1.1 seems to have re-ordered the left-to-right sequence of the columns as compared with GM 1.0. In my opinion, this new ordering makes it more difficult to see at one time all the most immediately useful info ( particularly when you shrink the overall size of the page for convenience). Is there a way to change the left-to-right order of the columns?

The ability to shrink the width of any individual column using your a mouse also seems limited. Is there a way to shrink the width of a column down to nothing?

Good luck with the pony!

geno

At 07:16 PM 11/12/2004 +0100, you wrote:
Hi geno,

Am Freitag, den 12.11.2004, 13:07 -0500 schrieb geno:
> I wish that:

yeah, it's Christmas approaching and i'd like a pony..

> i) the Seconix.com address book of registered online users would update
> more frequently;

if you can click "Find" more often than your PC or internet connection
can reload the ILS, then you should buy a better/stronger PC..

> ii) the GM personal address book provided more space for saving personal
> notes about a contact;

buy a bigger harddisk..

> iii) GM provided more flexibility in ordering and resizing the columns of
> the address book of online users; and

try buying a pointing device like a mouse..

> iv) GM provided an easy way to save the contents of the text-chat box
> (perhaps with the other contact information).

ok, first REAL issue that we might want to address.. however copy&paste
into your favourite editor should do for a quick fix..

--
Best regards,
 Kilian