Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection attempt rejected without apparent reason

> There is not guarantee that myphone will use the same ports as
> GnomeMeeting. I'm not even sure it supports IP Translation.

It at least supports a configurable UDP Port range, which seems to work..
somehow.

> But if you are using GnomeMeeting, and Myphone behind an unconfigured
> NAT router, and that Myphone has "H.245 Tunneling" enabled, then your
> GnomeMeeting will help Myphone to cross its router, without
> configuration required at all on the router, as long as required ports
> are not "blocked".

After I now burned another 5 hours, I'm quite sure that the router is just
plain crap. It works (as in giving at least a picture) one way (remote
calling me) but not the other way around. At the moment.
Earlier, it worked, giving speech as well as video me calling the remote side
and the remote side calling me. Ethereal, now running on both ends, tells me
that the whole UDP traffic (when I'm calling) is somehow silently discarded.
As it did work from time to time, I think that the router just has decided to
discard UDP traffic at the moment, or whatever, some magic I can not
influence.
I can't find any other explanation.
Netmeeting still doesn't react when being called.
Any other way than starting to patch different firmwares onto the route would
be highly appreciated.

Have fun,
 Marcus

--
        :: Marcus Thiesen :: marcus thiesen org :: www.thiesen.org ::
           :: ICQ#108989768 :: 0x754675F2 :: thiesen jabber org ::

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always
do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great
                                                                   Mark Twain