Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection attempt rejected without apparent reason

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 11:42, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > What is missing here is the fact that these are UDP, not TCP. I don't
> > wanna spoil your fun, but very very likely your router cannot do any
> > UDP-forwarding. ;)
>
> Netmeeting doesn't use those ports, so, if it is for NM, that won't
> work.

This case now was for myPhone, which doesn't accept the calls as well.

NMap gives me
5000/udp open|filtered UPnP
5001/udp open|filtered commplex-link
5002/udp open|filtered rfe
5003/udp open|filtered filemaker
5004/udp open|filtered unknown
5005/udp open|filtered unknown
5006/udp open|filtered unknown
5007/udp open|filtered unknown

But I'm not sure that I know what open|filtered means. Google tells me that
the Router *does* forward TCP and UDP, because some Gamers can host their
games through it.

Regards,
 Marcus

--
        :: Marcus Thiesen :: marcus thiesen org :: www.thiesen.org ::
           :: ICQ#108989768 :: 0x754675F2 :: thiesen jabber org ::

"What is the sound of Perl? Is it not the sound of a wall that people have
stopped banging their heads against?"
                                                                   Larry Wall