Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection attempt rejected without apparent reason

Le mer 10/11/2004 à 17:51, Marcus Thiesen a écrit :
> On Wednesday 10 November 2004 11:42, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > > What is missing here is the fact that these are UDP, not TCP. I don't
> > > wanna spoil your fun, but very very likely your router cannot do any
> > > UDP-forwarding. ;)
> >
> > Netmeeting doesn't use those ports, so, if it is for NM, that won't
> > work.
>
> This case now was for myPhone, which doesn't accept the calls as well.
>
> NMap gives me
> 5000/udp open|filtered UPnP
> 5001/udp open|filtered commplex-link
> 5002/udp open|filtered rfe
> 5003/udp open|filtered filemaker
> 5004/udp open|filtered unknown
> 5005/udp open|filtered unknown
> 5006/udp open|filtered unknown
> 5007/udp open|filtered unknown

There is not guarantee that myphone will use the same ports as
GnomeMeeting. I'm not even sure it supports IP Translation.

But if you are using GnomeMeeting, and Myphone behind an unconfigured
NAT router, and that Myphone has "H.245 Tunneling" enabled, then your
GnomeMeeting will help Myphone to cross its router, without
configuration required at all on the router, as long as required ports
are not "blocked".

> But I'm not sure that I know what open|filtered means. Google tells me that
> the Router *does* forward TCP and UDP, because some Gamers can host their
> games through it.
>
> Regards,
>  Marcus
//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com