Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 1.2 Roadmap - Name Change?

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 07:16, daniel huhardeaux wrote:

> >>IAX has advantage to pass natively firewalls ...
> >>

> >Yes but it is not a standard, and it is also said to have several
> >security flaws...
> >
> Perhaps you misunderstood what I wanted to say: if today SIP is included
> in GM, what I fully support, perhaps it could be also a good idea to
> include IAX. But I have absolutely no idea about work that this
> represent. On the other hand, I know that GM would be the first UA
> working with the 3 majors protocols of VoIP.

What Daniel says makes me think:

Perhaps any name change should be delayed until win32 and sip are a
reality.  (Perhaps this is what Damien intended anyway...)

My 2c: Perhaps using opal in the name will give more credit towards the
project that does all the hard work in gm.