[GnomeMeeting-list] Compatibility with Netmeeting

Dear all,

the FAQ reads that gnomemeeting is compatible with netmeeting.
However, our local tests show very bad sound quality.  The problem, I
thought of, would be the missing G.723 CODEC of gnomemeeting.

Thus my questions:
- is this observation true?
- can I get this codec only if I buy a quicknet card?
  Can I rely on this card that it will work when I plug a PCMCIA card
  into my Linux based laptop?

Btw, I cannot search the archive because of a misconfiguration:

  The requested URL /mailman/search was not found on this server.
  Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at mail.gnome.org Port 80

Thanks for any information!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |