[GnomeMeeting-list] Webcam

Just in case it helps a bit, the webcam I use, and seems to
work, is the Creative Webcam III. It connects to the USB port
and is recognized as an OV511 USB Camera. I didn't have to
download or install any drivers for it, neither in Red Hat 9.0,
nor in SuSE 9.0 Professional. One advice I can give you: Do NOT
use Logitech cameras, as they do not seem to be supported at
all (their website indicates that also). I also have a Logitech
ClickSmart 310, and SuSE recognizes it (it is a combination of
a Webcam and a Digital Camera) but it does not work at all in
any of the utilities that I have in SuSE.
You can also recall this message:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2003-September/msg00251.html
or even this page, and do a “Quick Search!” before you buy a
webcam.
Just some thoughts, I hope they help a bit.

Regards,

Fernando