[GnomeMeeting-list] netmeeting vs gnomeeting: sound screwed up?
- From: Uwe Brauer <oub mat ucm es>
- To: gnomemeeting-list gnome org
- Subject: [GnomeMeeting-list] netmeeting vs gnomeeting: sound screwed up?
- Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:51:18 +0200
On my IBM R40 (e) Laptop, Knoppix 3.3 with KDE. 3.1.5 installed I run
I tried to connect to someone in the states who approximately is using
the same equipment and the same gnomeeting version. Moreover the
university internet connection is reasonable fast.
However, during the meeting, the sound was just terrible: almost no
word could be distinguished clearly. So I suspected the connection was
To my big surprise when we both changed to Windows XP and used
netmeeting the connection worked fine, the sound was reasonable even
the video worked (only one way.)
Two things come into my mind:
- gnomemeeting is very inferior to netmeeting (hard to believe)
- the kmixer configuration is screwed up and some
interferences occur, if so, what would be the correct
kmixer configuration, just have the micro open and
everything else closed.
And finally a little off topic question, could somebody please point
me out to list of linux compatible webcam's, comparable to the PCMCIA
compatible list.? Google search did not present anything useful.
Thanks and regards
] [Thread Prev