Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Hotplug pwc

Hi Jean-Michel,

Am Mi, den 05.05.2004 schrieb Jean-Michel POURE um 13:11:
> Dear all,
>
> I know this problem is not directly linked to GnomeMeeting but to Hotplug:
>
> When my USB Philips camera is hotplugged, it is mounted with 0750 permissions:
>
> ls -l /dev/video0
> crw-rw----    1 root     video     81,   0 2004-05-05 12:57 /dev/video0
>
> My user is part of the video group, but not video is transmitted. To see video
> transmission, I need to manually chmod 0777 /dev/video0. Quite boring!

the original permissions are perfectly ok and should not require
changes.. remember that when adding a user to a group that user has to
log off and back on for changes to take effect. Having 777 permissions
is a serious security breakage imho and should only be a first step for
certain debugging of permissions issues but should be reverted to what
was there in the first place asap.

So i'd recommend a relogon or maybe plain reboot and then try again as
there's nothing wrong with the permissions itself.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian