Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Hotplug pwc

Le mer, 05/05/2004 à 13:11 +0200, Jean-Michel POURE a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I know this problem is not directly linked to GnomeMeeting but to Hotplug:
>
> When my USB Philips camera is hotplugged, it is mounted with 0750 permissions:
>
> ls -l /dev/video0
> crw-rw----    1 root     video     81,   0 2004-05-05 12:57 /dev/video0

That's correct, I have the same permissions here.

> My user is part of the video group, but not video is transmitted. To see video
> transmission, I need to manually chmod 0777 /dev/video0. Quite boring!

Do you mean that it fails opening the video device because the
permissions are wrong? The I guess you user is not in group video, or it
should work.

Look here :
-> ls -l /dev/video0
crw-rw----    1 root     video     81,   0 2004-05-02 19:52 /dev/video0
-> groups
damien cdrom audio video

> Furthermore,on the next unplug/plug, the permissions are reverted to 0750.
>
> Is there a way to run a chmod 0777 script via post-install in modprobe.conf?
> Any help is welcome...

I guess so, but I have never done it.