Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems of using ssh in gnomemeeting

Hi guys,

Am Di, den 09.03.2004 schrieb Dennis Gilmore um 10:49:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2004 7:35 pm, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't think that tunneling h.323 through SSH is feasible, you have to
> > use CIPE VPN (or any other) if you want to encrypt the calls.
> >

> you could probably use ssh if you ran pppd through the ssh tunnel to create a
> secure end to end link.  though i would recommend a dedicated vpn solution.
> to get passwordless ssh you need to setup public and private keys for the ssh
> link  then you will not need to use passwords.  SSH not using some form of
> password or public key for authentication is just the same as not using ssh
> and in fact probably worse as you leave your system open to expoitation.

..moreover ssh is wrapping in TCP and reintroduces all latency which you
wouldn't wanna have on VoIP in the first place. Thus going VPN where UDP
is handled correctly sounds more like a concept to me (and with
pppd-over-ssh you'll still end up with latency of the TCP-ssh-tunnel)..

So *IF* someone would want to help with this.. go code S/RTP for
OpenH323...

--
Best regards,
 Kilian