Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Hang !!!

> > - what is your webcam model and webcam driver?
> PCCAM 600 with spca50x kernel module.

You should report the bug to them, they are testing with GnomeMeeting.

> It works fine with spcaview

That doesn't mean it is bug free ;)

> > - what happens if you keep the permissions like when it hangs, but
> > unplug the camera?
>
> With the camera unplugged GM starts fine and detects BTTV getting image
> correctly.
>
> When I plug the camera and try "Detect devices" it hangs.
>
> Note that in previous GM version this didn't happen.

The previous version of GM was not trying to read the camera model name
when detecting devices. Most probably that your driver doesn't support
this or has a bug. You should *really* report the problem to the driver
authors so that they can try fixing it.

Alternatively, you can also recompile the plugins yourself and try to
see yourself where it hangs, but as it hangs only with your camera
driver and not with the others, it pretty strongly suggests a bug in the
driver.

> > > Any ideias ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
>
> PS:Sorry for the messy mail, it was VERY LATE :P
//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com