Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems with V1.0.1 on Via C3 systems under Fedora Core 1

> Then the problem surfaced.  We changed some preferences in each
> instance of GM (enabling fast start up, changing the video from small
> to large).  We then shut down each instance of GM and restarted them.
>
> This time, whenever we attempted to establish a connection, the
> instance of GM on the receiving end of the request would crash.  If

Changing the preferences should not affect GnomeMeeting, believe me, it
was heavily tested.

Is the crashing GM the one you installed by sources or by packages?

> the mode was "Available", the crash would occur when either the
> "Accept" or "Reject" button was clicked on.  If the mode was "Free for
> Chat (Auto Answer), the crash would occur as soon as the connection
> request was received.  The crash was announced by an error window from
> Gnome:  The application Gnomemeeting (process xxxx) has crashed due to
> a fatal error (Floating Point Exception).
>
> This happens on both systems now.  Whichever one is on the receiving
> end of a call request.  Rebooting the systems has no effect.
>
> I can provide the crash traceback listing from the error report, if
> that would be helpful.
>
> I did notice in the list traffic that it was recommended the not only
> prior versions of GM be uninstalled, prior to installing the latest
> versions, but also openh323 and pwlib.  Prior to our install, we did
> nothing explicit about removing (wiping out, cleaning) these
> components.  The same message also indicated that GM could become
> "crashy" if prior versions of these components were present.  If you
> think this could be the source of the problem, would you please
> provide a step-by-step procedure for preparing a system for
> installation of the new GM in the case where there is an existing GM
> installation?

Mmmh no sorry, that is different on all distributions, providing a full
guide is somewhat complicated.

However, I'm interested in your backtrace. When you see the GNOME crash
window, click on "show more information", and paste the result in a mail
that you will send here.

> As a relative newbie (only working with Linux for about a year) this
> would be very helpful for me (and, I am sure, others as well).
>
> Thanks again for a useful product and your assistance.
>
> Les LaZar
> les (underbar) lazar (at) compuserve (dot) com

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org