Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting Release Party ;-)

Hi Damien
> You are probably using the wrong ports. The
> gatekeeper doesn't use the same ports as
> GnomeMeeting, you have to check their doc.
Well I set them up myself in the config file:
Q931PortRange=30000-30199
H245PortRange=30200-30399
RTPPortRange=5000:5020
Probably the firewall on the machine the mcu was on
blocked some of those ports. Have you a better idea
which ports I should use?

> Notice that if the GK is on an external host, or on
> the gateway itself, there should be no problem,
> except if you close ports or if proxying is
> disabled.
Well, the gatekeeper runs on the same machine as
Gnomemeeting which is connected directly to the
Internet. (firewall in between though)

Does the gatekeeper also sit in the line when I call
an unregistered endpoint using its domain name like
this callto:xxx.ip.com or does Gnomemeeting handle
such calls independently?

During the party I managed to connect from another
machine behind NAT and was able to recieve
sound/images! That's cool!

Unfortunately I have no control over my callers. If I
get calls from behind NAT they usualy come with the
local 192.168.1.x addresses embedded. (Netmeeting :-(
) Is there a way to correct this in Gnomemeeting as
the gatekeeper does?

> 1.7GB of traffic on the MCU and I think about 7/8
> people at the same time
Wow, that's not much considered the time we spent
online and the number of callers. There is no
multicast isn't it. If 8 callers are connected it
takes 8 times the bandwith.

Conrad

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de