Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting Release Party ;-)

Le mer 03/03/2004 à 22:56, Conrad Beckert a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> it was a pleasure to see you at the release party
> yesterday. It's allways nice to add a picture to a
> name or an address of someone one is dealing a lot
> (at least by reading all the docs and messages)
>
> Well, what happened: I have a setup with gnugk 2.0.7
> which I need to be able to send video/sound to
> endpoints behind NAT. I tried to connect to the
> party's MCU, got a connection but no sound and no
> image. The chat worked. After 30 sec it disconnected.
>
> I tried it quite a few times - to no avail. After
> turning the gatekeeper off I joined the party ;-)
>
> What's wrong? Maybe firewall settings? Maybe I'm using
> the wrong ports? What ports did you block and what let
> through?

You are probably using the wrong ports. The gatekeeper doesn't use the
same ports as GnomeMeeting, you have to check their doc.

Notice that if the GK is on an external host, or on the gateway itself,
there should be no problem, except if you close ports or if proxying is
disabled.

The party was nice indeed :)

1.7GB of traffic on the MCU and I think about 7/8 people at the same
time the whole evening.