Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Bandwidth limitations in GM

El jue, 17-06-2004 a las 08:51, -0500, Vasileios Gkanis escribió:
> = 8kb/s) which means that the rest can be used for video transmission.  But,
> apparently this is not the case ..... I do not know how much bandwidth GM
> will use. Is it wise to browse during a netmeeting ?
It shouldn't matter if you browse the web or download a big iso while
you use GM as long as it uses UDP packets to transmit the video&audio
info. The speed of your other internet activities should lower
automagically.

> So, from my point of view ( user's point of view) it would be good to have a
> small diallog where you give the download/upload limits of your network and
> it calculates the smallest value of the bandwidth. Or better, it would be
> good while you are changing the advanced quality settings, a program to
> calculate the needed bandwidth. I am sure that the quality of the picture
> depends on  the bandwidth...

Code to GM can be added to detect the available downstream bandwidth,
but it only can be calculated during a call, so I wonder if it will be
of any use. Damien?