Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting and NetMeeting : A couple of problems

On Sunday 13 June 2004 09:17 pm, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Once upon a time Monday 14 June 2004 11:47 am, Vasileios Gkanis wrote:
> > The first problem that I have is that the picture changes very slowly,
> > like the CPU is used at 100% when I am connected. So, If I am not
> > connected I will move my head or do something and I will almost
> > immediately see the movement on the screen. However, when I am connected,
> > a couple of seconds will pass by before I will see it on the screen.
> > Still while I am connected the CPU is not running at 100%. BTW, I have a
> > P4 at 2.4MHz.
>
> check yours and his bandwith settings you are probably trying to send move
> video data than your internet connection can handle.

The bandwidth is set to 8Kb/s and the maximum is 300/45 kb/s (dl/ul)
About the full dublex What do you mean by "as you are not using them  nut
interfacing with the hardware directly" I had a .asoundrc file but
gnomemeeting was crashing. It was complaining that it this was an
old .asoundrc file.  I read about the MS-GSM codec. Is this used for
netmeeting to transmit data (audio/video) to gnomemeeting?

Thank you,
Vasilis