Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting and NetMeeting : A couple of problems

Once upon a time Monday 14 June 2004 11:47 am, Vasileios Gkanis wrote:
> The first problem that I have is that the picture changes very slowly, like
> the CPU is used at 100% when I am connected. So, If I am not connected I
> will move my head or do something and I will almost immediately see the
> movement on the screen. However, when I am connected, a couple of seconds
> will pass by before I will see it on the screen. Still while I am connected
> the CPU is not running at 100%. BTW, I have a P4 at 2.4MHz.
check yours and his bandwith settings you are probably trying to send move
video data than your internet connection can handle.

> When I connect, my friend will hear and see me but I won't. He was sure
> that he had enabled video/audio transmission, but still I was not able to
> hear/see anything.  About the hear part I think there has to be something
> that I need to configure. So, I am using KDE and I found out that arts is
> not running. I am using 2.6.6 kernel and the alsa drivers. If I speak to
> the microphone I will hear my voice from the speakers, but not my friends
> voice. I remember that arts has this option to use the sound card to record
> and play simultaneously. Do I need to enable this?
yes you need full duplex  but if your not using arts then the kde settings
dont matter  as you are not using them  nut interfacing with the hardware
directly.  make sure that your freind has installed the MS-GSM codec from
gnomemeeting.org  i use kde and have no problems.

> Finally, my friend can call me but I can not. I asked him to check whether
> there is a firewall and he told me that the default one is not activated.

if you cant call him there is either a firewall in there somewhere or the IP
address is wrong.  did you use ils?