Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting Fedora core 2 rpm's are ready.

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:49:51 +0930
Malcolm Caldwell <malcolm caldwell ntu edu au> wrote:

..deleted

> This is a shame.  For gnomemeeting/openh323 to make inroads into the
> video conferencing space we need better codecs.

For GM, I agree. For OpenH323, there are other clients although none as
advanced as GM. In any case, you can always compile GM with H.263
support youself.

> It would seem that openh323 is slipping into a voip only role, and at
> that unless opal matures soon delivering sip support, we are missing the
> voip boat as well.

As always, time is the enemy. Video just does not attract much interest
from developers, although it seems to be what users ask for.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren      craigs postincrement com / craigs voxgratia org

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243673140      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046   Jabber: craigs jabber voxgratia org

 Post Increment - Consulting & Services    http://www.postincrement.com
 Vox Gratia - The Open Source VoIP portal  http://www.voxgratia.org
 Raving Of A Strange Mind - the VoIP blog  http://www.southeren.com/blog