Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting Fedora core 2 rpm's are ready.

Malcolm,

Damien has some concerns about patent issues and H.263 as implemented by
the ffmpeg library, and so has decided not to distribute GM with H.263
support until there is full generic video plugin codec support in
OpenH323.

Unfortunately, generic video plugin codec support has been deferred
indefinitely at this stage due to the lack of time to create a feasible
way to paramaterise the complex H.323 capability structure. Damien is
aware of this, so the end result is that GM does not have H.263 support
now or for the forseeable future.

I've not had much luck with the H.263 code in any case. At the moment,
there is a serious problem with the H.263 code interacting in horrible
ways with Windows DLLs in Pandora RC1 and in the latest CVS code. Unless
I can find time to resolve that issue soon, I may have to disable H.263
when using OpenH323/PWLib as a DLL

   Craig