Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting Fedora core 2 rpm's are ready.

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 14:55 +1000, Craig Southeren wrote:
> Malcolm,
>
> Damien has some concerns about patent issues and H.263 as implemented by
> the ffmpeg library, and so has decided not to distribute GM with H.263
> support until there is full generic video plugin codec support in
> OpenH323.
>
> Unfortunately, generic video plugin codec support has been deferred
> indefinitely at this stage due to the lack of time to create a feasible
> way to paramaterise the complex H.323 capability structure. Damien is
> aware of this, so the end result is that GM does not have H.263 support
> now or for the forseeable future.

This is a shame.  For gnomemeeting/openh323 to make inroads into the
video conferencing space we need better codecs.

It would seem that openh323 is slipping into a voip only role, and at
that unless opal matures soon delivering sip support, we are missing the
voip boat as well.