Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] audio + webcam = "No usable audio devices ..."

Le mar, 13/07/2004 à 09:37 +1000, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> Fortunately, that's not needed. It's easy to use one of the commercial
> search engines to add a free search capabilty to ant web site.

It's not about the web site ; it's about the mailing list archives.
Mail.gnome.org has a broken search since months if not years, and it is
needed...

> For example, Google allows you use the "site:" meta sequence to restrict
> searching to a specific web site. See http://www.google.com.au/help/features.html#sitesearch
> for more information.
>
> So, to look for NAT topics on the GnomeMeeting site, you would use the
> following search string:
>
> 	site:www.gnomemeeting.org nat
>
> I've just tried this and it works great

I've just tried "site:www.gnomemeeting.org qcset", and it found nothing,
while a search on it in my "Gnomemeeting" mailbox found the precise
command I had in mind: qcset compat=dblbuf.

People can't search the ml archives for information before asking ; that
means that even with people who know how to ask, will ask the same
question that was answered last week, the previous week, and...

Snark on #gnomemeeting