Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems talking to Net Meeting 3.0

Hi Colin,

> Looking again at the call logs, even the gnomemeeting calls (from
> which i receive messages) get abnormally terminated after only 30-35
> seconds.

If messages is text chat, then please not that this is not traversing in
the UDP packets, but in the H323 channel itself (TCP). That way it can
traverse NAT without being configured. So you should check to have
actual voice or video transmission on a GM-GM connection.

> So I guess there must be something wrong with the firewalling.
> I m forwarding all the ports as mentioned in the FAQ. What else can I
> do to track the problem down?

So far we've only very vague information about your network topology.
Please make sure that from the [unfirewalled] external IP (ports must be
open) to your internal IP all gnomemeeting ports are forwarded.
You can see the external IP by connecting to http://seconix.com/ip/ .
The machine connected to the internet with that IP is your gateway that
needs adjustment. If then a connection to another GM is doing fine,
you're setup allright and the problem is on the NetMeeting side.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian