Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Communication/control Gnomemeeting from remote apps ?

Le ven 23/01/2004 à 10:10, Robert Rozman a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to include Gnomemeeting as video conference application in some
> free TV Guis that exist for Linux (Freevo, Mythtv).
>
> I wonder what are possibilities for integrating/controlling gnomemeetind
> from remote apps, particularly:
> - I'd like to have possibility to remote control gnomemeeting (start in
> background, move to fullscreen foreground, go bakc to background, place a
> call) - is this possible over command line or some other way ?

Yes, a company is already doing this. Just choose "Both" as method to
show the video. The 2 popups will appear when there is a call and
disappear when there is none. The CVS version will remember the sizes
and positions for the 2 windows.

You can call an URL using gnomemeeting -c URL

> - to be notified by gnomemeeting when call arrives (to properly inform user
> over OSD notification) and also get other info from working gnomemeeting
> application (when call is ended, ...)

Not possible yet. But that could be developed.

> - are there any scripting languages (Perl,Python) bindings for Gnomemeeting
> ? Can Gnomemeeting be used as shared lib ?

No, but you can control and change all settings in real time using
gconftool-2. However you can not get information from the software. You
can just make it do calls and change its settings.

> I'm pretty sure that somebody has already tried that, so I'm looking forward
> into getting more info.

Yes a french company (I won't tell which one) is using a similar
approach to hide gnomemeeting while keeping its functionalities
available (but hidden) in their product.