[GnomeMeeting-list] Troubleshooting GM sound

I have GM receiving video from my Philips Toucam Pro, but up to now I
haven't got the sound working.  I am using a headset connected to my
Audigy Platinum using emu10k1 alsa driver.  Audio player and audio
recorder are set to /dev/sound/dsp and audio player mixer and audio
recorder mixer are set to /dev/sound/mixer.  The error message I get
says

Failed to open the audio device

Impossible to open the selected audio device (/dev/sound/dsp) for
recording. Please check your audio setup, the permissions and that
the device is not busy.

I have terminated aRts, using kickarts.  I have checked that I have rw
permissions on the required devices.  I have used audacity to check
that I can record and hear the recording from this headset.  What
else should Icheck?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302