Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting behind a SuSE Firewall?

Hi Harald,

> tried to get gnomemeeting 0.98.5 behind a suse firewall using Suse
> 9.0. Clients work i can see all members in adressbook, can dial and
> connect to others, others can see and hear me. But i can't see/hear
> anybody. Installed a gatekeeper (gnugk) on server which is connecting
> to internet, enabled nat on all clients. I read about iptables in
> FAQ, but i don't understand how to implement these settings on my
> server. How do i set up my SuSefirewall for Gnomemeeting? Think this
> is the problem which blocks audio and video transmissoins from other
> people.

your SuSEfirewall is the problem, as you already plotted yourself. just
make it open (and forward) the required ports as laid out in the FAQ
(UDP 5000-5003 are the important ones to "hear and see the others").
When running GnuGK please refer to their docs about which ports to open
on the machine running it and how to edit their config to use these
ports.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian