Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Hi! Reg Gnomemeeting and Familiar.

Hi Lakshmi,

> By MCU, I would assume that its a MultiPoint Control unit.
> I see a lots of hardware based MCUs.
> Do we have any software based MCUs?
> Any pointers to applications, esp opensources would be helpful.

openmcu from openh323 (or any derivate)

> If we do support software based MCUs how good (err bad)
> is the performance?

compared to a straight through ISDN it's a little more latency (that's
with all h323 though), but compared to other H323 clients it should be
same quality and latency.

> You were also suggesting that we need a Full Duplex driver
> for audio/video I would assume. Correct? If thats
> the case, I need to check the hardware specs of PDA that
> we plan to buy.
>
> Also does software CODECS come bundled with the Gnomemeeting?

jup.. the regular ones from openh323 project (just h263 is not yet
supported for GM, so far)

> And one last question, what would you think is a minimal
> hardware requirements for a IP Videoconferencing thats
> using software CODECS, software MCUs(if thats available
> and I await response from you all) on a Compaq HP H5xxx
> series? Will it fly; forgetting about performance and marketing :)

never tried how low you can go in terms of CPU. Try for yourself ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian