Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Jaba the hut sound using Gnomemeeting

Le jeu 15/01/2004 à 12:38, Brian Kreulen a écrit :
> Hey Nick, thanks for the response...
>
> I don't touch artsd at all before running GM, but I can try that next
> time I talk with this person. If this is the problem, this is going to
> make it difficult to speak with my other party since they aren't exactly
> Linux savy.

I think that if artsd was giving a problem, then you wouldn't hear
anything at all.

Your problem is strange, it seems to indicate a network problem, but as
Kilian said, network problems do not change the pitch of the voice, it
will only produce a stuttered voice. It could be a driver problem. I see
you are using OSS, so that could be the cause. Having the druid working
doesn't mean it will work during calls, because the audio test in the
druid is not a 100% full-duplex test. (In CVS, it is a 100% full-duplex
test).

Notice that the problem is not necessarily on your side. If the remote
end has a problematic driver (like i810 OSS), they will badly hear you
and you will badly hear them.

I suggest you to join #gnomemeeting and ask for an echo server. You will
then be sure if the problem is on your side or on their side.