Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 'User not found'

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le lun 12/01/2004 à 20:32, Zoilo a écrit :
Thank you Damien.

? Cannot find anything about compiling openh323 with openldap support. However, there is a line in a source file h323ep.cxx '#if P_LDAP'. Should I jam in P_LDAP=1 when invoking make?

It should be done automatically if support is in.

I think it does. Monitoring the CC output suggests that the correct header directory ../pwlib/include is in fact being included ( -I option), and that is where P_LDAP=1 is set in ../pwlib/include/ptbuildopts.h.

I did find that pwlib/configure had disabled ldap, because I installed openldap *after* installing pwlib. In pwlib/config.log there were some messages that ldap was not found, but compilation simply continues w/o any complaints (!). So I now have recompiled and re-installed pwlib, and pwlib/config.log does look different, stating that the ldap header files were indeed found. Great.

But alas, still the same problem.
Have you recompiled openh323?

Yes, immediately after I had recompiled and re-installed pwlib. Then I also recompiled gnomemeeting for the sake of it.

Ldap does seem to work, since I do get a full list of users, and also tcpdump reveals a lot of ldap-port traffic. Is ldap also needed at some other stage?

Am I correct in assuming that the ldap-traffic I see when clicking the Find-button in Gnomemeeting is originated from gnomemeeting itself, whereas the necessary ldap-requests that seem to be missing should be generated from the h232-library?

More important: is there a way (debugging, logfile) so I can see in some detail what is going on? I tried running gnomemeeting like "gnomemeeting -d=5" but I don't get any debugging output for some reason.

I am sure this is an obvious and simple problem, if I only knew where to look and what to look for.

Z.