Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 'User not found'

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le dim 11/01/2004 à 23:47, zoilo xs4all nl a écrit :
But when I double-click any of the people in the list, the response 'User
not found' immediately shows up in the status-bar. No TCP-traffic is even
generated. This doesn't make any sense to me; why doesn't it work?.

Have you compiled openh323 with openldap support?

Thank you Damien.

? Cannot find anything about compiling openh323 with openldap support. However, there is a line in a source file h323ep.cxx '#if P_LDAP'. Should I jam in P_LDAP=1 when invoking make?

I did find that pwlib/configure had disabled ldap, because I installed openldap *after* installing pwlib. In pwlib/config.log there were some messages that ldap was not found, but compilation simply continues w/o any complaints (!). So I now have recompiled and re-installed pwlib, and pwlib/config.log does look different, stating that the ldap header files were indeed found. Great.

But alas, still the same problem.

Ldap does seem to work, since I do get a full list of users, and also tcpdump reveals a lot of ldap-port traffic. Is ldap also needed at some other stage?

I am still missing the (big) picture, obviously.

Z.