Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Wolfenstein & gnomemeeting

Le Mardi 06 Janvier 2004 10:11, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le mar 06/01/2004 à 02:57, Rutka Patrick a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry if it's a stupid question and for my english ;-)
> > In mandrake 9.0 I can play wolfenstein & gnomemeeting perfectly (basic
> > install). With the mdk 9.2 (or 9.1) I can't. The error is Wolfenstein try
> > to open /dev/dsp but it can't ... I use the lastest Gnomemeeting snapshot
> > with plugin ALSA and lsof /dev/dsp (a link to) or  /dev/sound/dsp show
> > nothing. I
>
> If you are using native ALSA, then it doesn't use /dev/dsp but the ALSA
> device directly.

Yep, but if I launch wolf after gnomemeeting wolf block to opening
on /dev/dsp. And wolf before gnomemeeting, gnomemeeting says me that it can't
open in full duplex ( I only hear my correspondant). So even ALSA doesn't
use /dev/dsp it blocks  it (Why ?).  And I don't understand why gnomemeeting
can't have it in full duplex when I could use arts... (juk, noatun) with
that. /dev/snd is exclusif ?

> > can use Arts or something to play music with gnomemeeting or Wolf. And I
> > can use Wolf and Gnomemeeting seperatly.
> >
> > So, my question is Why I could use both gnomemeeting & wolf before and
> > can't now ? and what I must do ?
>
> Probably something related to Mandrake. It is logically impossible to
> play Wolfenstein and be in a call with GnomeMeeting at the same time,

LoL it's true... A other thing... before when launching gnomemeeting it
launched "esd" too in previous Mandrake.... And if it's the esd magic what's
going on ? Is it possible that be a card configuration (a SB live 1024!) ?
half duplex or something like that (maybe it's very stupid meaning but I
don't know) ??

> but, if gnomemeeting is just "idle", there should be no problem as the
> device is not used. Does your problem appear when gnomemeeting is idle
> too?

Sorry for my english (I'am french) but I don't understand "idle"... just
gnomemeeting running without communication ?... if it's that menaing...
true.. It's only block new communication (and recording only).

Can I use ALSA and OSS emulation together ? And for curious I am running the
same installation of wolfenstein between my new and old installation.

So I'am very curious to play as before and understand what it's taht trick ?

;-) Thanks for helping me.

Regards