Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Parent does not use Gnomemeeting?!

Le mer 31/12/2003 à 19:48, harald a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> i have installed Gnomemeeting 0.98.5 on both off my machines in local
> network, running with suse 9.0. Now i want to test if a connection
> between both machines via internet is possible. Both machinex connect
> to server at ils.seconix.com. I found both clients in adressbook.
> When i try to connect the other client following german message
> appears "Gegenstelle verwended nicht Gnomemeeting" means parent does
> not use gnomemeeting. Firewall is in test mode. Forwarding via server
> seems to work. What can i do to connect to other client?

It simply means that the remote user is not running GnomeMeeting at all,
or that he is unreachable. Most of the time, it means that he is behind
a NAT gateway, using a private IP and that the gateway is misconfigured,
he is thus unreachable.

You can simply do this :
nmap remote_ip -p 1720
and you will see that there is no port 1720 open