Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting / NetMeeting Voice Codec Problems

> First we found out, that NetMeeting does not use the user defined codec
> setting anymore when GnomeMeeting is on the other side of the connection.
> A normal voice codec negotiation with all installed codecs is done instead.

The user-defined codec setting of Netmeeting doesn't mean other codecs
are disabled, it simply means that you put the selected codec as
prefered, ie the first one in the list.

> The codec negotiation between both sides seems not to be affected by the
> codec ordering in GnomeMeeting. By disabeling the codecs in GnomeMeeting
> step by step, we could find out that the codec selection priority is:
>
> - G.711-uLaw-64k
> - G.711-ALaw-64k
> - MS-GSM

Not true, it depends on the codecs order on Netmeeting's side.

> When all these codecs are disabled in GnomeMeeting, no voice connection is
> established anymore! It looks like that GnomeMeeting and NetMeeting do
> not recognize that the GSM-06.10 and Speex voice codex are available on
> both sides! No matching voice codec (beside G.711* and MS-GSM) is found
> although these codecs are installed on both sides!

Do you mean that you hear nothing, or that you see that no sound
channels are opened in the history?

> Currently I do not have any idea how I can get GnomeMeeting and
> NetMeeting to communicate with each other using an acceptable voice
> codec! I am also surprised that even GSM-06.10 did not work!

I'm surprised too!
It must be another problem, you should try to describe your problem with
more details and alternatively send a level 3 debug output.

//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com