Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] audio

Thanks ... I do have the alsa drivers installed and various alsa apps work, at least for the intel card. I suspect I need to configure something for the pwc card in modules/conf? (Obviously) I'm not an expert on this ...
Mark

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 08:03, Johnny Strom wrote:
Mark Watson wrote:
> Hi. I have RH9, a Webcam Pro 4000 and an Intel 8x0 sound card. My kernel
> is 2.4.20-30.9 installed via RPM from Redhat.
>
> I have installed gnomemeeting 0.99.2 from the snapshot RPM - this fixed
> some problems I had with permissions on the video side (I also have bttv
> for wintv card). The snapshot is a great improvement. I still have a
> problem with audio ... the only devices made available by the druid are
> /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer ... when I speak to test during installation I
> can see (in the new druid) the sound levels registered, however it tells
> me it cannot write to the device. I have everyone +rw on these devices -
> am I missing something?
> --
> Mark Watson <_mark marubeca net_ <mailto:mark marubeca net>>

Hi

The problem is that your soundcard is not duplex with OSS drivers
you need ALSA drivers or an other soundcard to get GM working.

http://www.alsa-project.org/

  Johnny