Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Can't make connection

Anne Wilson wrote:

Hi, Dirk

Here I have a router/firewall which does not allow group opening of ports, so what I have tried to do is to get shorewall running so that in the end I will be able to move dmz to the router and rely on shorewall for my GM session.
I have a direct conection, no router, so i know nothing about router configuration.

I have set the router to allow me dmz, and I ran service shorewall stop, which I thought should leave me entirely unprotected for the short time. If you think it is a firewall issue, my friend and I will both have to check again.
I've got the same error "other side is offline" after installing shorewall, so i think it's a firewall problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Gruss Gott (I hope I got that right :-) )

Yep :-)

Good Luck

--
Meine Kiste, guckst Du hier: http://www.nethands.de/pys/show.php4?user=iceblue