RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] Can't make connection

Hi Anne,

> I have set the router to allow me dmz, and I ran service shorewall
> stop, which I thought should leave me entirely unprotected for the
> short time.  If you think it is a firewall issue, my friend and I
> will both have to check again.

Yes, it is a firewall issue. If GM reports "remote user offline", you're
unable to connect to tcp 1720 on his side for some reason. But even if the
remote does see your incoming call as alert, you may still not have udp
5000-5003 open for data transmission and thus resulting in a text-chat-only
call ;)

So just try to get forwarded at least these 5 ports (should be enough to get
a h245 tunneling GM-GM connection up and running) for a start.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian