Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Can't make connection

Anne Wilson wrote:

I have been trying to make an Internet connection for the first time, but both of us keep getting the message that the other is off-line. Is this likely to be a firewall problem? Both of us thought that we had disabled the firewall for the call (we haven't got as far as opening the correct channels in the firewall yet) - but if it looks as though we were wrong at least we'll know what to check.

Anne
Hi,

First let me say sorry about my english ;-)
Ok, i've had the same problem after installing shorewall. The gonememeeting faq don't help me really. Shut down your firewall, start a network sniffer (e.g. Ethereal) and call someone with gnomemeeting.
The output from Ethereal will show you what port's are used.

Greetings fom germany

--
Meine Kiste, guckst Du hier: http://www.nethands.de/pys/show.php4?user=iceblue