Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Report for Jonny Ström, OSS, Quicknet, PC-Phone, PC-PC, PPC

Hi Johnny,

> To make this clear we used iLBC first and then G711 :)
> I looked in the general history so I know that.
>
> In any case the sound was not usable so to say.

no wonder this is trash with a dialup.. iLBC is 13.3kbits/s at least and
G711 is 64kbit/s (and that's only payload data, multiply *2 or 2.5 to
have the factual traffic on the line *PER DIRECTION*)... remember dialup
has only 33k6 on upload (even with V90)

You should rather try with Speex8k or GSM...

--
Best regards,
 Kilian